Sponsored Link

Wagashi

Today, I am going to introduce Japanese sweets, wagashi!!


Wagashi are traditional Japanese sweets that are typically enjoyed in combination with a cup of green tea.

They are made in a wide variety of shapes and consistencies and with diverse ingredients and preparation methods.

Wagashi can be enjoyed at selected cafes, restaurants, temples and gardens where green tea is served. 

They can also be purchased at specialty sweet shops, department stores, supermarkets, convenience stores and food stands.


Below are some of my favorite wagashi types:

Dango
Dango are chewy, small, steamed dumplings made of rice flour. 
They are typically served skewered three or four to a stick and topped with a sweet sauce or bean paste.


Dorayaki
Dorayaki consist of sweet bean paste sandwiched between two pancake-like patties. 
It is also known as the favorite snack of Draemon a popular anime character. 


Taiyaki

Taiyaki are fish-shaped snacks made of batter similar to pancake batter and filled with sweet bean paste, although alternative, modern fillings include custard cream, chocolate or cheese!


Daifuku
Daifuku are made of soft rice cake wrapped around a small round of smooth, sweet bean paste or other fillings.


Oshiruko

Oshiruko is a type of dessert soup that consists of hot, sweet bean soup with grilled rice cakes or rice flour dumplings.

コメント

  1. Hi, Yuji!
    I like Wagashi, especially Dango xD
    I wanna eat Daifuku and Osihruko because I don't eat it recently! Next week, I'm gonna go back to Japan, so I wanna eat it! After I read your post, I really miss Japan lol

    返信削除
  2. Hi Yuji!
    I like wagashi:) My favorite wagashi is senbei with hot green tea. This is the best combination for me:)

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

Sponsored Link